Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Should be doing one of 17 other things

For the first time in my life, I feel like my plate is completely full. I have enough activities and obligations that I need to actually develop good time management to get everything accomplished. That being said, I'm doing a shitty job at time management thus far. I've played an embarrassingly amount of hands so far this month, and I'm not getting consistent piano practice in. Anyone have advice on how to manage my time better?

By the way... I don't know about you guys, but I still love to rail the high stakes games. I doubt these 500/1K NL games are going to run for a long time, so I try to stay updated on what has been happening in the games lately. The supposed NL fish (David Benyamine, Ziigmund, Gus Hansen) have been running really well in the games, which adds a huge twist. Patrik being the biggest loser is probably even more shocking. We've all had pre-conceived opinions about who the best NL hold em players in the world before these games ran, and these beliefs are being questioned for essentially the first time in a long time. Nosebleed NL has not run regularly since summer 2007.

2 comments:

Bazclef said...

Getting Things Done by David Allen is by far the best time management resource out there. I implemented his system last month and it's fantastic, it helps free up your mind a ton too as it externalises all of your workload. Really can't recommend it enough.

You can get a torrent of his audiobook pretty easy, it's around 3 hours long and goes over all of the important parts from the book.

LuckySOB said...

I'd crush all those guys if I was rolled. Bunch of big tourney win-funded fish they are.