Sunday, December 14, 2008

Poker? What's that?

After the most stressful week of my life in over 2 years, final exams are finally completed. This semester was disappointing academically. I came away with a measly 2.75, which could have easily been higher with an extra couple hours a week dedicated to school work outside of class. My cumulative GPA is now something like a 2.97. The only reason I have any motivation to get good grades is pride. Hopefully pride will be enough incentive to put the effort in next semester to pull back to a 3.0+.

In more positive news, I took the plunge and purchased a Breitling watch. I did a lot of research on it and found a good deal on the exact model I wanted most. A $4K watch generally has no astonishing features that a $250 watch lacks, but I really love the look and reputation of Breitling. I understand that it will do very little to attract women (unfortunately!), but for me it symbolizes a sense of accomplishment. In case you are curious, I got the Avenger Skyland:



Being busy with academics up until recently, I have not had much time to play. However, in the couple of attempts to sit in tables and boot a session, the heads-up action on Full Tilt seems quite dead lately. This is disturbing and I hope things change quick. I have noticed (both first hand and from friends' comments) that you can be sitting at 4 total empty tables at mid-stakes and not have a single person attempt to sit in for over an hour. Alarming, to say the least.

No comments: