Thursday, July 10, 2008

Leaving Vegas in style

Sorry for the lack of updates, been super lazy about anything that involves effort out here. I've done a lot of various stuff the past few days that deserves mention:

On Monday, a group of 9 of us (my house, AceCR9, PrincessDonk, and Brystmar) went to Tao restaurant in the Venetian. It's an upscale Asian restaurant that turns into a nightclub at later hours. We ordered everything family style and I got to try a lot of new asian dishes that were really enjoyable. The most memorable dish was the Kobe steak, which was extremely tender but $16 per ounce, which is ridiculous. filet mignon is almost as enjoyable to eat, and about 1/5th the price. We racked up a $1200 bill that everyone wimped out of doing CC roulette over.



After dinner, the house went and saw another Cirque du Soleil show, called O. It was at the Bellagio and this was mostly a water show. It involved a lot of the same acrobatics as Mystere. Overall the two Cirque shows I've seen were very similar in quality, but I would recommend Mystere to anyone who has yet to see a Cirque show. It was a very balanced show with good variety. I'm really amazed at how much the entire Cirque franchise has taken over Vegas. There are advertisements everywhere, and seeing a show has become a must-do for anyone visiting vegas nowadays.

Tuesday, we went to a gun range with Bazclef and IAmSnow. We got to shoot four different machine guns - Uzi and Swedish-K are the only names I remember. It was my first time ever even holding a gun, let alone shooting fully automatic weapons. It was extremely fun to just unload an entire clip in about 3 seconds. Once we finished trying out the four machine guns, we had a "challenge" of sorts. Each person in our group got to fire 2 shots with a Desert Eagle, which has to be the most powerful handgun in the world. It has a ton of kickback and I was pretty nervous about firing it. Dodgyken ended up firing the most accurate shots, and won a token redneck hat as the prize.
(Side note: Bazclef does an awesome job blogging about his Vegas trip, so I recommend checking out his blog for activities and details I've likely left out.)



I've been to Spearmint Rhino twice recently. It is arguably the most famous strip club in the world. The girls are gorgeous, but they are the biggest hustlers ever. When you enter the club, you are the fish. Without going into too many details, I've gotten private dances from two girls. The first was okay-looking, but was a great dancer and had a fun attitude. The second girl was extremely beautiful, but had a horrible attitude. The latter just spent the entire time bitching for tips while she was supposed to be dancing. The former was much more worth the money. Strip clubs really aren't that amazing of an experience once you're used to it, so I doubt I'll be hooked on strip club visits ever.

I'll write a recap of my trip and after-thoughts when I get home. I have very mixed feelings about the fact that I leave in a day.

2 comments:

famousanus03 said...

no cc roulette weak shit

putdawhumponum said...

that is weakshit, cmon