Monday, February 9, 2009

Here to stay, ladies and gents

January was strange. I had two $5K days and basically broke even for the rest of the month. I know it sounds bizarre to complain when I won almost $1/hand, but my confidence in poker has not been great lately. The state of the HU poker economy has really stung me. I have to wait so long for games, and the wait itself frustrates me and can take me off my A-game before a match even begins.



My poker game has been completely complacent the last 6 months. I had great months in October and November, solidifying the incorrect belief that my game needs zero work. My confidence has begun to break down lately and it's time for change. I finally gave in and purchased Hold 'Em Manager a week ago. I have been using PokerTracker 2 for the longest time. Watching poker instructional videos is another must. I have not watched one in probably 4 months... quite alarming given that I pay for 2 subscriptions. Most other online winners are watch videos regularly. If I continue to neglect this, I will fall behind the rest of the pack.

In the non-poker world, I went out more in January 2009 than any other month of my life to date. My passion lately has been on improving my overall social skills, in particular with women. I've become a voracious reader on the topics of social dynamics and body language. On a related note, my wardrobe has also improved greatly over the past month or two. I'm finally graduating to my own style of fashion and leaving the American Eagle's of the world.

P.S. You guys fully have the right to hassle me if I go too long without blogging.

3 comments:

Malfaire said...

nice results! i'm also from the pgh area so it's good to see someone else representing (your profits area a bit better than mine though)

if you're into game stuff, check out Sinn's blog (it's linked on mine), and http://pickuplabs.com/blog/ ; both are decent. RSD's blog is cool too

whitewash said...

Do you still live in the area?

I already have a link to the PU labs on my blog actually. Are you an SLA member?

Malfaire said...

ah just got this; don't live in the area anymore, though i have considered moving to philly (prob blogging about that soon).

i thought i used to be because i lurked on those forums, but i just tried to log in and no dice!