Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Still don't believe in karma, but...

Full Tilt just banned my chat privileges for 3 months. I mentioned in a blog entry months ago about my tendency to cross the line in chat. When frustrated in a match online (particularly against competent players), I have berated my opponent.

Here's the email. Yes, part of the reason I'm posting it is for humor, but also as a form of public humiliation for myself. It's hard to believe that any adult would talk like this to other people, let alone a professional poker player. I very rarely talk like this against complete fish, but that does not make it any more acceptable.


The chat ban has definitely been punishment, and it's costing me a lot of money.
-If I need to go to the bathroom, I can't tell my opponent this. My 2 options are to either hold it in, or just sit out and pray that they will still be sitting when I return. The latter rarely works.
-People get alienated when they ask me a question during a match and subsequently think I'm ignoring them.
-If I have played a fish in the past and discover them sitting in a different game, I cannot ask them if they want to play heads-up NL again.

****************************************************

If you guys don't read Raptor's blog by now, you absolutely should. I believe he has the best blog of any poker player. It covers all aspects of life, and has been great motivation for me in terms of diet & exercise. I have begun to learn a lot about nutrition and my overall diet is excellent at this point. My work ethic with exercise is inconsistent, but lately I have been back on the ball. I'm not shooting for bulking OR cutting, but just to be overall more fit. I'm roughly 5'8", 145 pounds, 15% body fat right now. My goal is to get to 150 pounds and 10% body fat over the next couple months.

A specific aspect of Raptor's blog that fascinates me is how he has taken up Jiu Jitsu. I have not played an organized sport since middle school, and jiu jitsu seems like the ultimate sport. It involves strength, endurance, reflexes, and reading your opponent. I've found a gym that does group jiu jitsu in Pittsburgh, and will likely try it out after spring break. In the mean time, I need to continue lifting in the gym and doing cardio in order to increase my overall fitness level before I even attempt jiu jitsu.

No comments: