Sunday, March 1, 2009

Much respect to skinny yoga girls!

February was mediocre at best. HU economy has been extremely slow, and now my results rely largely on how much I can play (and how well) on weekends. Even so, I did not put in nearly enough hands. My confidence in my game has slowly been increasing again compared to a few weeks ago, so here's to a successful March.



I took power yoga for the first time last week. It takes place in a 90 degree room, resulting in the most intense 75 minute workout that I have ever experienced. You do not just drip sweat, you drizzle sweat for the entire session. I had to do some dumbed down versions of the yoga poses due to limited flexibility, and my endurance was completely giving out well before the end. The strength, flexibility and endurance that many of the women in the class had was extremely impressive. It's an awesome workout. I'm going to take some basic classes to get the fundamentals down well. Once I get back from spring break, my workout regiment will be compromised of yoga 2x a week and lifting 3x a week. Should be a great way to get in shape.

My 22nd birthday took place on Friday. My roommate and I decided to throw a house party to celebrate, especially since this is the first time my birthday has fallen on a weekend in several years. About 25-30 people attended and everything went really well. I have developed a close group of friends here at Pitt, and it's something I've had nothing like in my entire life before. I do not take college for granted and will definitely make the most of these last months we have together.

I am now leaning towards renting out my Pittsburgh apartment for another year. I'd use 2009-2010 as a transition period where I figure out where I want to live and what I want to do with my life. My rent is relatively cheap compared to the other options. This would allow me to do a ton of traveling and not feel like I'm throwing a lot of money away on housing costs. If I go this route, I would likely visit Spain/Italy, San Fran, LA, Austin TX, and possibly southeast Asia. As long as I have broadband internet, the world is my oyster!

No comments: