Tuesday, October 9, 2007

"Jesus christ, 4 bet him!"

Last night I played a session at the library where I won $800. I have done well taking my laptop to the library and grinding in the past, probably because I have zero distractions there. My friend Pete, who goes to Pitt and plays 3/6 NL online, watched over me this session. It was pretty funny because he would yell at me about some of my plays right in the middle of the library. I'm sure people were upset with us, since most people were trying to study.

2/4 games have been really shitty lately (all aggro regulars, few non-regulars). I'm trying to actually practice some basic form of table selection. I played two tables of 1/2 NL and two of 2/4 NL last night to compensate for the shitty games, and it worked out well. Even though I am trying to move completely to 2/4 NL right now, I do feel that playing lower when the games are bad is a smart decision. I'd rather get more hands in, and play against soft competition, than play versus a bunch of good 2/4 NL regulars where I have little edge.

I have mid-terms over the course of the next 2 weeks, but I am going to try to grind. I have played about 4.5K hands through 8 days in October, which is embarrassing. I have very poor time management sometimes. I'm gonna make the promise right now to play 7K hands over the next 6 days. Please hold me accountable, and yell at me if I'm ever online but not grinding.

1 comment:

cntgetmedown said...

Just pay me 100$ if you don't make it. That should keep you motivated ^^.