Friday, October 19, 2007

Yucky session, sir

I had a really rough session today. Lost $1800 over 500 hands. It was basically just 4 all-in pots, in which it was a really standard hand. That's poker, though it really sucks to lose 4.5 buy-ins when it's not even in my control.

Not to toot my own horn, but I definitely complain less than 95% of poker players. I've spent the past 2+ years listening to most other players bitch about bad beats, coolers, etc and it's made me realize I never want to sound like them. If I'm going to actually play poker for the long haul, I'm going to have to take the losing times like a man. At the end of today's session, I reviewed the session with an open mind. I asked people about a few hands where I felt I played it fine, but wanted to make sure unbiased sources agreed with me. You have to keep an open mind, and always be looking for lessons to learn from your hands.

I got my hardest mid-term coming up on Monday, which sucks because I'm finally in the mood to grind right now. Oh well, time to hit the books.

1 comment:

cntgetmedown said...

You have to aknowledge that a 5 BI downswing is super standard nowadays. I wouldn't even consider letting 5 stacks bother me. Especially when you play on a high variance sight like FTP.
This is the reason why we have bankroll management, because as you said "that's poker" (feels so lame to say that :P).Gl with your exams and I know the feeling. Whenever I should be learning I get motivated to other things...