Sunday, October 7, 2007

October rulz

...okay, not really. I'm down 5 buy-ins at 2/4 NL 6 max. It hasn't hurt me psychologically, but it still makes me less enthusiastic to grind a lot. I've made various errors, and run badly as well.

I went home this weekend to relax and get a break from the city. It was pretty refreshing. I had planned to get some sessions in while home, but only got one HU session in this morning. I found a loose-passive fish sitting with a deep stack at 1/2 NL and took 2 buy-ins off him. He then left with $350 still in front of him. I would have postponed by drive back to Pittsburgh if he sat long enough. I felt that my edge was that large.

In other news, plans are coming together already for next summer. I'm organizing plans to rent a house in Las Vegas. It will be me and 4-5 other online players who I'm friends with. I found a 5 bedroom place very close to the strip that I'm very interested in, and I've already contacted the owner. The idea behind the house is that we will all be mid-stakes NL grinders, so we'll all have a bond that should make for a lot of fun over the course of a month.

No comments: