Thursday, November 1, 2007

Review of October

Sorry I haven't been blogging lately. I haven't played much poker at all lately. School, women, etc are taking up a bit more energy than I was expecting. Here are my results for October:



I am not happy about the amount of laziness I had this month. I fell 6K hands short of what I said I'd play at 2/4 NL 6 max. This was my first month playing almost completely at 2/4. It went okay, with a pretty small winrate at 6 max. I had some very swingy sessions. I do feel like I am game selecting well, it's just a matter of putting in a higher volume.

I also need to do more with my poker game (outside of playing). I have not been discussing hands with friends, or watching videos as much as in the past. I strongly believe my game improved most rapidly around July of this summer. At that time, I was constantly treating myself as a serious student of the game. Lately, I've kinda been mechanically playing hands in a standard way. I need to think about the game more if I want to keep improving.

For November, I'm not going to set any real goals. I expect to have my best month ever ($$$-wise) as long as I play enough hands, table select, and keep studying the game. I do wonder how many hands I'm going to put in. I have a guest coming over for 3 days, and it's also likely I'll have more involvement with women (or one in particular) than I have in a while. Women are definitely -EV if you are trying to maximize in the poker world. :P

2 comments:

famousanus03 said...

Yes!!!!!women def -EV..Trust me I know

cntgetmedown said...

I'd like to say I disagree, but that would be going too far. Let's say they increase your variance ^^. In the end I think it evens out...