Friday, November 23, 2007

Please don't yell at me...

Okay, so the truth is that I am playing less poker this month than I have in a loooong time. When I have been playing, though, I have been playing mostly heads-up. I feel like HU is refreshing right now, because I don't have to fire up a bunch of programs to log a session. The session also ends whenever I feel the right time is to quit; whereas with 6 max, I feel like I have to force myself to play at least 2 hours. I will eventually get back into the swing of playing 6 max, but in the mean time, HU is improving my ability to adjust to opponents' styles.

Things with my girlfriend are starting out really well. We have good chemistry, and seem to have the same goals in our relationship. Unfortunately, I have been home for Thanksgiving break and haven't been able to see her lately. I'm heading back on Sunday, and we'll probably try to spend a lot of time together over the near future.

School is going well, given the fact that I have never put much of an effort into college. It's also going well outside of academics because living with 5 other guys gets me socializing a lot. The only area I am really lacking in (outside of being lazy with poker) is that I am getting close to no exercise. I want my energy level to be a lot higher than it has been, and just being overall fit makes anyone happier overall. Now, if only I could light a fire under my ass...

No comments: