Saturday, December 1, 2007

November = Bad work ethic, good results

November is over, and it brings mixed feelings for me:



I should be happy with my results for little amount of time I played, but only playing for 36 hours over the entire month is pretty pathetic. I should be able to play at least double the hours and not feel like it is a "grind". I need a better work ethic even if I am going to accomplish my goals in poker. That also includes being able to balance poker with academics, my social life, my girlfriend, and some exercise too.

I think I made a lot of strides in my heads-up game the past 2 months. I have run VERY hot heads-up over a 15-20K sample since August, but I feel like I am playing well also. My hand reading skills and my overall fundamentals in NL hold em continue to improve, in spite of not putting the hours in. The problem is I haven't had the desire to play 6 max lately, but I'm sure the desire will come back soon.

I filled out an application to be the protégé of Cardrunners owner Taylor Caby. He is going to select one regular CR member to take under his wing next year. I spent a decent amount of time making sure I answered the interview questions well. It would be awesome to become Taylor's student. He is an amazing NL player that I could learn a lot from, and I know I would make the most of it. Unfortunately, I will be competing with about 1,000 other applicants for the spot. If one of my friends gets selected, I will be just as excited for them (albeit jealous, as well).

1 comment:

cntgetmedown said...

Nice month and play more.