Sunday, November 16, 2008

The sickness continues

This week has been an emotional rollercoaster, to say the least. I had the worst single session on Monday, losing $7K at 5/10 NL to a guy who is a mediocre reg at best. I ended up bouncing back from that two days later and having my first ever $10K day, followed by a $4.5K win the next day. You would think Im playing larger than just 2/4 - 5/10 based on the swings I've been having lately. Overall, I'm still on a ridiculous heater that I don't expect to last. My winrate over the last few months is not representative of what someone can win over the long run. That being said, I feel like I'm extremely well-adept to the games I play. One trick pony perhaps, but who cares? If some day it gets to the point that I need to become proficient at other forms of poker, I am confident I will be able to make the switch. In the mean time, I love the form of poker I specialize in. It would be difficult to make the argument that any of the time I dedicate to poker should be spent becoming a more "well-rounded" player.

Last night, my roommate Evan and I threw a house party. At University of Pittsburgh, most people live in the section of the city that the campus is located (Oakland). I moved to the section next to it so I didn't have to live in the ghetto anymore, but getting friends to visit my current place can be difficult. We managed to get 20-25 people here and the party went really well. I've come to appreciate my college years more as time goes on, and these really have been the best years of my life. I remember during adolesence that many people would seemingly exaggerate about how great college is. Well, it's been everything it was cracked up to be for me. Now I'm just afraid that life gets much more boring after graduation.

1 comment:

100shots said...

Life doesn't have to get boring. Just make sure you are in the right social circles. And never settle for mediocrity.