Sunday, February 10, 2008

Dolla dolla bill, ya'll

I did some math and realized that I am going to be spending a TON of money over the next 6 months. I have my Vegas trip, I want to get furniture and a HDTV for my new apartment, Playstation 3, I want a new car (that I am going to force myself to put $5K down on), AND I have to pay taxes.

While this won't do much, I have decided that I am going to try to spend as little as possible in March or April. It'll be a sort of competition against myself to see how much I can penny pinch. My roommates at college are the masters of budgeting when they have to be, so I figure I can just follow what they do. I have about $325/month in fixed costs, but other than that I think I can keep the number very low. The one thing I won't settle on is getting the cheap toilet paper that feels like notebook paper.

No comments: