Sunday, February 24, 2008

Speeding up hair loss

I can't put into words how frustrating this month is, so I'll just show the graph to explain:



Random thoughts:

-I have had several days where I am up 4-5+ BI at one point, and then blow all or most of it by the conclusion of that same day.
-Whenever a fish sits HU and wins a big pot early, they always hit-and-run this month. Every single time.
-I literally tried ripping my hair out 5 minutes ago.
-I feel like I'm playing well, but it's hard to keep having confidence in that belief when the results have been this way.
-I can't even claim that my PokerEV graph proves I'm running shitty. I'm running at about EV for all-in pots on Full Tilt this month.
-I find myself getting more emotional about poker now than in the recent past. This even started last month, when I was winning. I have thrown water bottles at the wall after losing a tough pot, screamed expletives, and other things that should be completely uncharacteristic of a professional player.

2 comments:

Bazclef said...

The 10k breakeven stretch must have been infuriating... ton of swings. Good that you're swinging back up towards the end of the month though.

The Tommy Angelo book has been helping me out a lot with these swings over the last few days. The first 10-12 pages of Chapter 9 (Elements of Performance) is gold. Definately grab a copy if u don't have one already!

Noel said...

Dude its 17K hands. Peep some long term graphs and you will see some sick long stretches of breakeven poker.

Emotional poker is -EV. The minute it shows its ugly face you need to identify it and either shut it out or shut your computer down.