Monday, February 18, 2008

Worst session ever; really frustrating month

I just logged my single worst session ever, losing 7 buy-ins on Absolute 6 max. It was a typical catastrophic session: starting with coolers and other things out of my control, then evolving to me playing my D-game toward the end of the session.



I believe these all to be complete coolers (or hands that I played fine but got fucked), but would like input from anyone if you agree or disagree on any of them:
http://www.pokerhand.org/?2124951
http://www.pokerhand.org/?2124958
http://www.pokerhand.org/?2124980
http://www.pokerhand.org/?2124984
http://www.pokerhand.org/?2124985

The end of the session got really ugly. One hand, I c-bet $422 into a $28 pot (meant to bet $22) with air and got shoved on. In another hand, I raised OOP w/ KK, then check-called 3 streets on an A high board (got shown two pair). I was just careless and really aggravated toward the end of the session. I wouldn't say I was on monkey tilt, but all the stars aligned for my sub-pair game to really hurt my session results.

I want to start grinding like crazy for the rest of the month, but now my results for the month (I'm +$200 through a measly 9K hands) are making me wonder if I'm doing something wrong and it's getting to my head. The last thing I want is to have a disaster month where I'm blowing away buy-in after buy-in playing tilted poker.

2 comments:

Brian said...

Hi, I am a regular reader and just looked through the hands you posted.

I can't see that you played any of them badly and they are absolutely coolers. Take that for what its wortha s you will see from my blog that I am a 50NL player so my experience is limited. Still can't see you getting away from any of them though.

Looks like you had one ugly session. Keep your chin up as you are obviously a good player based on the rest of your blog and your progression.

Good Luck

Brian said...

Sorry, forgot to add something. Don't start thinking you are playing badly based on hands like the ones you posted. If you think there are leaks or issues in your game have a sweat session or record a video for you to look back over. I am sure someone else would be willing to look over a video for you. I would offer but don't know what i could offer you.

If your really feeling shitty about it then take the rest of the month off, better to be breakeven than to tilt off another 10 buyins or whatever.

Anyway, good luck again and keep blogging even if your losing. I have found that I don't do that and it doesn't help.