Wednesday, February 27, 2008

21st birthday - reflecting, instead of bar hopping

Well, it's my 21st birthday and I've decided that now is a good time to reflect on my life. I don't talk about my life outside of poker enough on here, so this will be a nice start.

For those who don't know, I'm in my junior year of college. I live a pretty typical college lifestyle, with 5 roommates who share one bathroom in our house. While I am moving out into a nicer apartment this fall, I will never forget how fun it was to live here. My roommates are all awesome friends, and junior year has shaped up to be the best time I've had at college. Even if I never use that piece of paper I'll receive at graduation, I'm extremely happy that I went to school here at University of Pittsburgh.

As for poker - It is awesome that I'm making money doing something I love. Poker fits really well into my personality - I'm a really competitive person who was never athletic, so sports never helped satisfy that part of me. I also love how poker is mental warfare, and constantly challenging my logical reasoning skills. Poker is also a very pure game, in spite of the swings. Poker doesn't judge you. The best players win the money in the end, regardless of overrated aspects such as reputation and tenure in the profession. Those who work the hardest and have the truly best skills inevitably have better results. (In cash games, at least...haha.)

I'm pretty much fully transitioned into adulthood now. It is a bit scary, but now my slate is for myself to write. It is awesome to know that I can paint a life for myself as however I see fit. I have so much stuff to look forward to. As far as the foreseeable future goes, spending Vegas with poker players who I feel a strong bond with should be awesome. I then get to finish off school with a bang, and figure out where the hell to move to after that. I also get to evaluate whether poker is something I'm going to stick with right out of school.

I'll finish off the entry with a few pictures of my life..




5 comments:

Noel said...

Happy Fucking Birthday!!!

22 right?

whitewash said...

Haha, you fucker.

Kyle said...

get rid of that patrik picture fag

cntgetmedown said...

Happy bday man, nice Patrik picture of your life lol :P.

Liz said...

I call BS on that last picture. I would have been nicer to you if that was real.