Thursday, May 8, 2008

Random updates

-Something great happened the other night. I went and played a .25/.50 NL live game with friends and a couple others. I had a blast. It was a fresh reminder that I love poker. I was so focused and trying really hard to outplay people, and building reads on people was enjoyable. Nights like that are a good affirmation that I play poker because I enjoy it, not just because of the money to be made.

-My Uncle asked what the "Whitewash" name was all about. I've never explained it on here before, so I will now. Whitewash is a song by Buckethead, an amazing guitarist. It's a relaxing song that I used to listen to while grnding. When I looked the word up on Dictionary.com I found these cool definitions:

2. anything, as deceptive words or actions, used to cover up or gloss over faults, errors, or wrongdoings, or absolve a wrongdoer from blame.
3. Sports Informal. a defeat in which the loser fails to score.
I thought the combination of those 3 reasons made it a cool nickname. It was my name on PartyPoker and is still my name on the 2+2 forums.

-Lately I haven't been using PAHUD because there is an error with refreshing. (I think it's a problem with Vista... if anyone knows how to fix this, please let me know.) This has actually done me some good because it forces me to pay better attention, and build stronger reads as a result. This negative side effect of PAHUD is even more detrimental at 6 max, so I imagine lots of mediocre regs have a huge problem of autopiloting due to PAHUD.

-Poker is going well so far. I've only logged 7K hands at the time of writing this (summer laziness is kicking in, noooooo). I vowed to play 30K hands this month. Considering I have done pretty much nothing aside from working out, poker, and occassionally seeing friends, I definitely need to get a better work ethic. I figured if I keep posting my hand progress on here, it'll make me feel more guilty. Regardless, poker is going well so far this month.

-Off topic: Don't talk to ex-girlfriends. Nothing good comes from it. When the relationship is over, it is over. Do as I say, not as I do.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

It really is refreshing to remember that you love to play the game. I was in the FTP donkament for the WSOP seats, 382 people, finished 5th. At one point, I got it in preflop with AK and held versus AQ. I was so pumped to double through and be in the top 5% of the leaderboard, that I jumped out of my chair and screamed, "Yeah!" in excitement. I had a bunch of people railing me and it was just so much fun. I don't usually do donkaments, but was so glad I did that one. Won nothing and had one of the best times I have had in recent memory. Glad you enjoyed yourself that night.

And yes, never talk to exes. They are an ex for a reason, lol.

Cool reason for the sn btw.

LuckySOB said...

I don't have Vista, and I'm having no problems w/HUD. That said, as you may know I'm new too/learning HU and don't use HUD during it at all becasue I wouldn't know how to properly use it and I only 2 table when I play HU. Any advice on why I should use it for HU and what stats to use based on X amount of hands I have on an oppoenent......or at 100nl HU is it even worth it......they do suck really bad.

andr3w321 said...

just get pokertracker 3 in 6 days