Thursday, May 1, 2008

Ship the whip!

On Wednesday, I bought a 2006 Infiniti G35 coupe.





I basically spent the past 4+ months wanting a G35. For a while I was looking at sedans, but I'm very glad that I went with a coupe. The sedans are a little more practical, but the coupe is much sexier looking. The car has 290 horsepower, which is a big upgrade from the 180 I had with my Chevy Impala before. The car accelerates fast as hell and the pipes sound awesome. The interior is beige leather and the car has almost every single accessory available (built-in navigation, moonroof, Bose sound system, 19" wheels, etc). The car helps me feel more accomplished, and visually shows my family that I must be doing something right.

In other news, I went to the Flyers-Canadiens NHL playoff game yesterday. I got luxury box seats with two friends from high school. The tickets were expensive, but it was definitely worth it. I have a renewed enthusiasm about watching hockey again, which is a very good sign. I want to have a balanced life, where many different things make me happy.

Here are my cash game results for April:



I've observed some of my poker friends having a really rough time the past 2 months or so. This has put into perspective for me that winning does not come automatically, and I always need to be doing everything possible to stay on top. Avoiding tilt, being very attentive of all opponents, and many other factors are easy to preach about but difficult to consistently follow. If I want to keep having good results, I need to remind myself this. I want to prove to myself that I can play poker professionally for the next few years.

5 comments:

DODGYKEN said...

What kind of car can I get for negative 5k?

Nice car, nice month, nice being 21. Fucker.

cntgetmedown said...

"
Nice car, nice month, nice being 21. Fucker." -QFT

Unknown said...

Nice set of wheels whitewash! Nice month as well, hard work definitely pays off.

As far as renewed enthusiasm for hockey, don't get too excited. If your Flyers somehow beat Pitt next series (I am assuming they can wrap it up against Montreal), then they are ready to get pummeled by my Red Wings! ;-)

LuckySOB said...

Red Wings suck....even though they killed my Avs. Congrats on another great month. You driving that badass car to Vegas this summer?

whitewash said...

Nah... I'll do some brief research to see if I can get the car shipped for no more than a few hundred, but otherwise I'm just gonna try to rent a car in Vegas.