Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Best month ever; bright future

Hey guys, welcome to my poker blog. This blog is mostly for me to keep a log of my happenings - I want to keep myself honest, and be able to look back on sessions and learn from my mistakes. I've seen a few of my online poker friends keep blogs, and it seems to work well for them. I'd love for you guys to leave me comments anytime, especially when I post hands.

****************************************************

July has just gone into books, and was by far my best month yet for poker.





This crushes my record for best month. I spent the first several months of 2007 not accomplishing much. I was having very mediocre results, and only played 10-15K hands a month - drastically less than I could have played given my relaxed schedule. I finally took a turn in the right direction in June, when I had my best month (at the time). I set several goals for June, and followed through with them.

I feel that I can attribute my results to three main causes: running hot, pushing myself harder, and having friends through poker. The latter is by far the biggest reason. In the middle of June, I began talking to about 3-5 guys from Cardrunners who play similar stakes to me. We discuss hands and general theory, as well as help motivate each other. Having them as friends has really helped speed up my progress. I feel like a much better poker player now than I was two months ago.

****************************************************

GOALS FOR AUGUST:

-Play at least 25K hands of NL cash
-Take a shot at 400NL when I feel confident, and the games look good

I'm still really hungry to push myself further, and having recent success has only helped build my confidence in poker. I feel like the sky is the limit right now. I am not going to set a monetary goal, because a.) I think it can lead to not playing your A-game, and b.) I don't know which stakes I will be playing the bulk of my hands at. I expect almost all of my hands to still be at 200NL, but I would not be surprised if I end up logging several thousand hands at 400NL either.

I will post on the blog semi-regularly, posting some long/interesting sessions with their results and a few interesting hands. Here's to my good run continuing as we head into August.

No comments: