Wednesday, August 8, 2007

lol live poker

Last night I played a live 1/2 NL game for the first time in months. I convinced myself that it was worth it because there would be no rake, and the game is right by my dad's house. When I got there, the game was never more than 5 handed (which I don't mind) and almost everyone bought in short (which I do mind). I was up small until the last half hour of the session, where I coolered someone, and I ended +$401 on the session for 5 hours of work. Pretty much the biggest win possible given the amount of money on the table.

Live poker can feel dissatisfying at times, even when you win. You come across a lot of degenerates, and they're often miserable people who you can't help but wonder how humans can turn out like that. I prefer playing online a lot more because you get to play from the comfort of home, where I can start and end a session whenever I want to. Live poker is also obviously very slow. Even though the game was 4-5 handed last night, I still felt myself getting bored because people took extremely long with their decisions.

Regardless, any win live feels good right now because I'm trying to build my live bankroll up a little more. I want to feel comfortable playing the 2/5 and 5/5 NL games in Pittsburgh this upcoming semester, and it's very annoying to have to move my online money around. I actually have a live NL freezeout against my friend Mike coming up at the end of the month - $400 stacks, 1/2 blinds. Hopefully that will help boost my live roll a bit too. Should also be a fun challenge.

No comments: