Wednesday, August 15, 2007

My biggest pot ever

I decided to 3 table 400NL tonight. I was feeling pretty focused and didn't feel afraid to play the stakes. Moving up is a big step for me, so I get a little jittery about the stakes (even if I'm comfortably rolled for 2/4 NL). I had a clear head tonight and was ready to get down to business. I was up $700, then lost a few tough pots including KK vs AA, and was back down to even for the session. Then I had this happen...

http://www.pokerhand.org/?1372228

The strangest thing is I just sat emotionless at my computer. Not because I was in shock, but just because I was unaffected by it. I'm actually disappointed I didn't get really excited over something like this. It goes to show that poker really does make you unaffected by the money, and I just treat pots like they're another pot. Good or bad thing? You decide.

Anyway, I've logged only 2K hands at 400NL so far, but it is going reasonably well because my confidence is slowly building. I will keep playing 400NL on certain nights when I feel good about my game that day, and the games look good. Now is the time that it's important for me to run good. All the high stakes players have generally run good when they moved up - they had to in order to move up so many limits. Things are looking good so far.

No comments: