Monday, August 20, 2007

Back at school

I moved back into college at Pittsburgh on Saturday. There can be a lot of distractions that take away from poker here. I live in a 6 person off-campus apartment. Roommates trying to get you to hangout, plus noise distractions, etc could really take away from me putting solid hours in playing poker this fall. It makes me miss home because I had an incredibly relaxed setting with more/healthier food at my disposal. I'll have to make due though - gonna try to log at least 2K hands today now that I've finally settled in.

I bought an inexpensive poker table on eBay so I can try to run some cash games in our basement here. It'll give me the opportunity to play some live poker without having to drive anywhere, or have to deal with ridiculously large rake. I'll still try to play 5/5 NL a few times a month, but it'll be nice to just play 6 handed 1/2 NL games (with friends) right in the comfort of my own place.

No comments: