Friday, September 14, 2007

But you gotta make the money, yo!

I just busted out of the Pokerstars WCOOP #1 event ($200+15 NL 6 handed). I finished 556/4610, just 22 spots out of the money. It is frustrating, but I was playing to win the tournament. I got extremely aggressive in the last half hour before I busted. I probably was spewy, but I'd rather play to give myself a chance for first. So many of the people in this tournament were trying so hard just to make the money, which is a recipe for never getting really deep.

I gave this tournament my all, which I can't say for most tournaments I entered this year. I'd make a horrible professional tournament player, but it can be enjoyable to play 1-2 a month. I just need to ensure I'm going to try my hardest if I enter one, otherwise I am wasting my time and my money. I don't regret playing this tournament, though. It was a good structure, and just the right buy-in. I wasn't taking a big shot, yet it's enough money to make me feel invested enough to focus.

Anyway... this past week, I've played less poker than any other week in about 4 months. I've been busy with school, and just doing other things. I am going to get back on the grind now, though. I'm gonna log a few thousand hands at 200NL to get the rust off, and then grind 400NL seriously. I still have big expectations for September, and I'm going to follow through with them.

No comments: