Saturday, September 1, 2007

Review of August

August has come to an unfortunate end, signaling the beginning of the academic year. I had a decent month for poker...





I feel dissatisfied though, because the second half of the month was very swingy, and I always feel like I am capable of more. The shots I have taken at 400NL and 600NL were against very favorable opponents, but I ran badly (ever since the AA vs AA hand). I'll stay away from 3/6 for a bit, but I definitely think I am capable of beating 2/4 NL. I'm just going to pull myself fully out of my current downswing before I move back up. I would like to see myself playing 2/4 NL as my main game by the end of the month.

Goals for September:
-Play at least 20K hands at NL 6 max, 5K hands at NL heads up
-Play WCOOP #1 on Pokerstars ($200+16 NL 6 max), put my full effort in
-Go back to 2/4 NL after recouping a few thousand

I'm not going to set a monetary goal, but I would like to have a 10K month soon. Winning 10K is very realistic for someone grinding 2/4 NL. All I have to do is believe I can do it. On 2+2, a screenshot was posted of someone who made 50K in one month at these stakes (over 53K hands).

No comments: