Thursday, September 6, 2007

Let's step it up, man

I did well in a live session yesterday. I was on the fence about playing because live is boring (and less profitable), but I can't complain since I booked a nice win. However, I'm most glad about playing because I met a dealer who knows a lot about the bigger games running in in the area. He give me information on all of the 5/5 NL (and larger) games in the city.

I am going home this weekend to get my car (it was in the shop). A primary reason I'm bringing it out to school is for the poker games in the city and suburbs. I realize that playing live can be very slow, and I am not learning a lot when I play live versus online, but there is still a lot of money to be made. The 5/5 NL games here are full of complete idiots sitting with 1K+ stacks... lots of middle aged people looking to blow off some money.

I also played a session of 2/4 NL today, which was very swingy and ended with me breaking even. I butchered a hand worse than any hand in a while. I have no history with villain, so this is probably a fold... but even if we're not folding, my 5 bet is absolutely horrible.

Starting next week, I'd like to begin logging a lot more hands than I have been lately. I need to follow through with my goals, and start beating 2/4 NL. I'm at the point mentally where I don't feel on track with accomplishing my goals if I'm not having 10K+ months soon.

No comments: