Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Playing very badly

As of the time I'm writing this post (7 PM EST), I am down almost 6 buy-ins on the day. Unless I start winning some of that back tonight, this is the worst day I've ever had for poker (in terms of BIs). This really sucks because it means I need to work on my fundamentals again, and this whole fiasco is going to delay me from permanently moving up to 2/4 NL.

I think that I have been playing badly the past few days, but I've been lucky to break even the couple sessions previous. It has finally caught up today in a big way. My opponents are catching a lot of hands, and I'm just closing my eyes and throwing money into the pot.

Some of my perceived holes of late:
1.) I am not c-betting the flop enough (I check behind ace high or pairs too much)
2.) I am stacking off WAY too light vs solid regulars
3.) I am firing multiple barrels vs opponents who I shouldn't be bluffing
4.) I am making hero calls on the turn and river when I can only beat air

This list doesn't even have a lot in common, other than the fact that I'm certainly a.) rushing myself, and b.) not playing patient poker. Once I'm in a pot, I have to win the pot. It is reminiscent of how I was playing before this summer. I need to figure out how to switch myself back, and do it quick.

No comments: