Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Guys love to sweat me

I did a sweat session tonight with a poker friend, jaywks. The session was very bizarre. I ended down, in spite of getting more JJ-AA than I ever have, but the session was very productive. Having poker friends is extremely important, and doing sweat sessions are the best way to collaborate with another serious poker player. I've done sweat sessions with 2-3 other guys as well, and they are a great way to improve your game.

I finished down 7.5 buy-ins, or $1500 during that horrible day I blogged about last week. While losing that much in one day is pretty atrocious, I didn't get down on myself. I went to bed, woke up and it was a new day. I've gotten much better at coping with tough times in poker lately. I recovered those losses and a bit more since then, in spite of not playing very much.

Time to hit the sack. I got a bunch of schoolwork tomorrow and then I'm gonna go play some 2/5 NL live tomorrow night. Good luck at the tables, everyone. My next entry I'd like to discuss High Stakes Poker, a show that I have a love-hate relationship with.

No comments: