Thursday, January 3, 2008

Grinding like crazy, and it's paying off

It's strange to say, but I have had a fire ignited under my ass. I'm hell bent on killing poker right now. By the conclusion of tomorrow, I will have played 9K hands in the first four days of 2008. For someone who is often lazy and never plays more than 4 tables, this is an enormous amount of hands.

I've set myself pretty lofty goals for this year, and I want to accomplish them. I do think I can attribute my renewed enthusiasm for poker to a couple different things:
-I want to be the best. I want to be the best poker player in Pittsburgh. I want to be the best poker player in my Vegas house this summer. I want to be the best poker player on the site I'm now focusing on.
-The new year brings a psychologically feeling of a "clean slate". I can look at any previous results in poker as being in the rear view mirror now.
-I desire to live a lifestyle now that means I need to be making good money. I'm going to likely spend 5K on my Vegas trip, I want a new car, I want nice furniture in my new apartment this fall, and I want to be able to save for a prosperous life in the years to come.

I go back to school on Saturday, but I will continue to work hard at poker even when I return and begin classes again. This feels good.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Glad to see your motivated to play more and work more on your game. But seriously best player in the house, we all know who that will be ;).