Tuesday, January 1, 2008

An optimistic look at 2008

2007 is in the books. I would say that in poker and life, it went well very well.

I have now been playing online poker for 2.5 years. I did not start playing NL cash games until September 2006, and did not start seeing significant winnings until June/July 2007. I had a big head when it came to poker before then, but the reality was that I was just a small winner at small stakes until recently.

I feel like I can accomplish a lot in poker. I have a lot of serious competition in this day-and-age in online poker, and there is a lot of information out there for people to become really good players. I have to compete with these people by having a good work ethic, and always looking for ways to get better. I feel like a lot of the good NL players online built out of the 2+2 and Cardrunners mindset (which is a great base to have) are still too close-minded. They only know the fundamentals these communities taught them, but don't think for themselves.

I would like to make 6 figures in 2008 while balancing my life with academics and my social life. I will spend a month in Vegas for not only pure leisure, but to also make connections and expand my mind in the poker world.

No comments: