Friday, April 11, 2008

Getting unstuck via donkaments

Today was another rollercoaster day. I got stuck $2500 pretty early. I felt pretty tilted, but decided to play 2 tournaments as a last-ditch effort. I ended up final tabling both, and won one of them for just over $7,000. This is my larger donkament score ever. (I don't play a lot of them... maybe 20 total MTTs in the last year.) Being stuck so much earlier today, coupled with the fact that cntgetmedown had a larger score recently, partially killed the aura of winning so much in one sitting.



It is really exciting to get deep in a tournament, but that doesn't change my overall outlook on tournaments. I don't enjoy playing them regularly. The edge one has is diminished, and variance is exponentially larger. I also observe my peers, and realize that tournaments are like crack for many people. So many players go deep in one tournament, and suddenly they're hooked. It rarely ends up being pretty over a longer time span for them. Tournaments are frustrating as hell, and results can be very deceiving.

All that aside, I'm still very happy to have won. I can finally say that I have a positive ROI in Full Tilt MTTs. :P

1 comment:

cntgetmedown said...

Hehe, graz on the donkament score. Nice way to get unstuck for the day.