Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Apocalypse Bet

I have a pretty funny bet that was just placed with my roommate Zack. We were watching a show on the History channel about how the Aztec calendar states that the world ends in 2012. I think it is completely ridiculous, but my roommate Zack is fascinated by it, so we decided to make a bet on it. I was more reasonable than simply dictating "the world ends" for him to win, but I still believe I have an obvious edge. Regardless, I'm looking forward to how this humorous bet plays out in four years.

Apocalypse Bet
Zack is being laid 10-to-1, his $100 versus my $1,000. ANY of the following events have to occur in the calendar year 2012 in order for Zack to win the bet:

a) At least one billion people decease globally
b) A meteor with a diameter of at least 2 miles hits the Earth (water OR land)
c) Any 3+ of these countries declare war on each other: United States, Russia, China, United Kingdom, France, Germany, India, and Japan.
d) A major solar flare takes place, causing major communications (radio, internet, phones, etc) to cease to function for at least a month on a global level.*

*If this happens, a panel of 5 of our current housemates decide if the event is "significant" enough for Zack to win the bet

1 comment:

andr3w321 said...

Your roommate Zack sounds like a moron for making this bet...