Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Summer break is approaching!

Here are some various snippets about my life lately:

-I applied for a somewhat large auto loan today. I have a good credit score, but it is difficult for me to prove my income, and having "professional poker player" as a listed profession doesn't help. If I do get approved (I'll know by tomorrow), then I'll visit the dealership when I'm back home at the end of the month. The Infiniti G35 I want is a pretty big financial burden, but as my friend Luke says - "yolo". You only live once. I love cars, and this is what I want to reward myself with.

-I've started to eat healthier. I wouldn't call it a "diet", but I'm following some general guidelines. I'm avoiding simple carbohydrates, eating more fruit and vegetables, salmon and lean protein that I make myself, etc. I'm basically following this as a guideline for everything I eat. I think that fad diets are incredibly stupid. No one stays on them permanently, so they are strictly for short term result. They also put a toll on your mind and your body, because it's such a sudden and massive shift. I just want to lead an overall healthier life, and feel better day-in and day-out.

-I'm only 2.5 weeks away from summer break, which I'm incredibly excited about. May is the best month of the year for me. My life will consist of playing poker, working out, spending time outside in the beautiful weather, playing PS3, trips down to the Jersey shore, and occasionally hanging out with friends from high school. May just equates to a very relaxing lifestyle during absolutely beautiful weather for me.

-I had the craziest 2 day stretch ever just recently. I won $3600 playing 2/4 and 3/6 NL the first day, and then lost $3700 the next. Luckily I had the awesome day first, otherwise that losing day would have probably driven me insane. Heads-up is a game where I have quite a big edge when I table select, but the swings are still big. Emotional control is always important in poker, but it is magnified when playing HU.

-When it comes to academics, I am the biggest procrastinator in the world. I know a lot of people claim this, but I have stories so sad that I can't even share them with people.

2 comments:

Liz said...

What I wouldn't give to be done with school that early.

cntgetmedown said...

I wanna hear stories!