Sunday, April 20, 2008

Random thoughts during finals week

-I find it strange that even successful online players say things like "I see myself playing professionally for maybe another few years". There is a negative undertone about poker as a profession, even among successful players. I can feel nothing but gratitude about the situation I am in. I do something I enjoy, I work less hours than most "conventional" jobs, I make more money than most jobs, and I'm afforded so many freedoms that poker players take for granted. Yes, there are some downsides, like emotional swings and difficulty in getting loans. However, poker is definitely one of the best professions that I would be able to attain with the resources I have in this lifetime. I love what I do, and more other winning players should also. I guess not everyone is fit to stick around in poker for a long period of time. Just look at sbrugby.

-I buzzed my hair yesterday. It's shorter than I imagined it would turn out, but I don't mind it. My plan for this summer is to keep my hair buzzed, work out, diet, and get as tan as my fair-skinned complexion allows. Sound like anyone you (we) know?

-Home in less than 6 days. Ship it. This is finals week at University of Pittsburgh. I'm fortunate enough to only have two finals, and they don't start until Wednesday.

-Poker has been going decently. It's amazing what basic game selection at HU does. I deny action to probably 30-50% of the people that try to sit with me. The downside of doing so is minimal, as I still manage to log a lot of hands as long as I put the hours in. I see the merits of taking on the challenge of very good players (for your level) occasionally to keep your A-game improving, but doing it as often as many people do at HU is unnecessary.

1 comment:

Transplante de Cabelo said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Transplante de Cabelo, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://transplante-de-cabelo.blogspot.com. A hug.