Thursday, June 19, 2008

JUSTICE MUAHAHAHAHA

I checked out the Bellagio for the first time on Tuesday. Dodgyken, famousanus and I all ended up playing at the same 5/10 NL table. Like my first live session in Vegas, the table ended up being very disappointing. It seemed like most of the other players at the table were live grinders. As for interesting hands: one hand there were 3 limpers, I isolated on the button with AKs to $60, and when it folded back around to the orignal limper, he reraised to $160. I over-bet shoved for $900 and ran into aces. I was pretty down on myself, but the poker gods must have felt bad, because I got even in a relatively ugly fashion. I flopped the nut flush versus famousanus's second nuts. Pretty gross, though it was humorous to tell the rest of the table that he is a good friend of mine (as he is storming out of the poker room). I ended -$31 on the session, and not feeling too excited about live poker. My first two sessions did not have soft tables at all.

I went skydiving yesterday with Andrew, Jared, and Brystmar. It was one of the top things on my to-do list for Vegas, and was an awesome experience. There is about a 5 second period after they open the door of the plane where you are completely hanging out of the plane, but the tandem instructor attached to you hasn't left the plane. I wasn't scared at all, but it was a huge adrenaline rush. Now that I've got my first thrill activity out of the way, I'm contemplating the idea of bungee jumping while I'm out here. Might as well make the most of my trip, amirite? I don't have pictures yet, but I ordered a picture CD that should be in the mail eventually.

We had our first big group dinner at The Palm Restaurant in Caesar's. Everyone in the house went, plus three friends from another house. It was a great meal, but a large part of the time was spent sweatin the credit card roulette bill that was to ensue. I was probably most worried about it (read below), while Dodgyken was so confident. He has been bragging the entire week about how lucky he is. After everyone ordered steaks, sides and desserts, the bill (after tip) was $930. My card got picked first, and I legitimately screamed in joy. I think people were rooting for me to lose because I am such a pessimist about CC roulette. Anyway, it got down to 4 cards, and people were discussing the idea of a chop/deal. This infuriated Dodgyken, and he said he would PUT HIS CARD BACK IN IF PEOPLE AGREED TO NOT CHOP. Now keep in mind, this is the mathematical equivalent of him lighting $200 on fire. The people agreed, and of course, Dodgyken ended up losing the bill. It was the most hilarious conclusion to a great dinner.

I'm running pretty bad at credit card roulette so far. I've lost 3 out of 5 bills. I’m fortunate to have dodged the big bill yesterday, but hoping not to run hundreds under expectation when the trip is said-and-done.





No comments: