Friday, June 6, 2008

Vegas is approaching!

-I have decided to play the three big online WSOP satellite tournies: $650 and $370 on Pokerstars, and $530 on Full Tilt. I expect these fields to be pretty soft, and the structures (especially the two Pokerstars events) are very good. I am fine with risking $1550 to get into the main event, especially when my ROI if I focus on each tournament has to be at least 100%. Should be a fun experience. I'll start giving updates after I play the $650 one this Sunday.

-Nerdy gamer alert: I am really excited about the upcoming release of Metal Gear Solid 4 on Playstation 3. I've been a huge fan of the series for almost a decade now. From seeing the previews of this game, this may end up being the best Action-Adventure game ever. The gameplay seems awesome, with a Middle Eastern war setting that reminds me of Black Hawk Down. I have become a much more casual gamer since I took up poker, but this is the first game I have really been anticipating in years. The only problem for me is that the game is released on June 12th, two days before I leave for Vegas. I have to either go on a complete binge and play the game for two straight days, or have to wait out an entire month before I touch it.

-Does anyone have random tidbits on what one should bring for a long trip to Las Vegas? I have a feeling I am going to forget something important. I'm going to call up Avis early next week and get a price quote for renting a car as a 21 year old. I also need to wire money to the Rio. It is finally starting to hit me that Vegas is very soon, and I'm getting quite antsy.

No comments: