Thursday, June 12, 2008

Worst day ever

My blog has lately always been about how well I'm running, so some of you will be delighted by the change. Yesterday was by far my worst day ever, losing $5700 at 2/4 and 3/6 heads-up. It is not even quite fathomable right now since my worst day previous was roughly -$3K. I'm not going to bicker about how bad I ran, but I will say this... with equity adjusted I ran about even. How sick is that for one day at these stakes?

I lost $4100 of the $5700 to one TAGfish regular who 3 bets and C/Rs flops liberally, but he has no idea how to do anything else. In 800 hands, I did not win a single pot larger than $512 off him, and he won TEN POTS LARGER THAN THAT. The one thing I'm not proud of is that I should have quit earlier than I did since i had zero momentum. Regardless... of the ten pots I lost, only two of them did I play badly (and two of them he got his money in behind). Here are the biggest HHs with no explanations, you guys can come to conclusions on your own:

http://www.pokerhand.org/?2746677
http://www.pokerhand.org/?2746681
http://www.pokerhand.org/?2746689
http://www.pokerhand.org/?2746691
http://www.pokerhand.org/?2746695


This debacle is probably going to stop me from playing the WSOP $2500 six handed event on Monday. While I'm kinda in shock, my spirit hasn't been broken yet. I'll just take it easy until I get to Vegas. This will be my last entry before I arrive in Vegas on two days. I'm extremely antsy about going, and I will probably blog more often for those four weeks. I have a lot of stuff I want to accomplish there.

On a lighter note, I've been working on the theoretical part of my game lately. I've spent most of the year just using my skill set to beat up on donks, but now I want to improve my A-game. I recorded a video of a match against a very aggro opponent a few days ago. It was great practice in practicing hand reading. I've also set up a list of heads-up videos to watch (I've watched almost no instructional videos the past few months). I get the most out of a video when I try to imagine how I would have normally played a situation in the video, and if it differs from the video creator, then I'll figure out why and learn from it. When I'm really studious I take notes to really hammer home the concepts I've picked up. Under normal circumstances I am too lazy to do this, but this week I have really wanted to take my best game to the next level. I might as well take advantage of this renewed enthusiasm while it lasts.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

There is really tough to swallow, but I think I know just the thing for you whitewash. You have two days before you leave for Vegas? You just had a really rough session? Take a two day break and play the shit out of some Metal Gear Solid! I think that would be just what the doctor ordered!

DODGYKEN said...

The bad day sucks but just remember that when you look at it on a graph for the year it'll be a virtually unnoticeable blip. Time off before Vegas would be good if you're still feeling it.

See ya tomorrow!