Sunday, June 1, 2008

May Results

May went down as my best month to-date, even excluding the big tournament score. I am really happy that I backed up the MTT win with a great month in cash games. I feel like a lot of people, both poker players and non-poker people, have given me undeserved respect for getting lucky in one tournament. For me, this helps validate the new-found respect I've gotten. It also shows me that I am still hungry to play, regardless of whether I am winning or losing lately.





Goals for June:
-30K hands online
-Play 50+ hours of live cash games in Vegas
-Play $2500 6 handed WSOP event; possibly $5000 6 handed event; use $1-2K in satellite buy-ins to try to qualify for main event
-Attempt to interact with the female race
-Begin learning PLO
-Keep working out while in Vegas

I also booked my first big live win last week. There is a small stakes home game near me that I've attended periodically for the past two years. There is one other player there who makes good money grinding online, he is a young LHE player who plays everything from 15/30 to 50/100 limit. I decided to challenge him to a 5/10 NL heads-up match, knowing he probably wouldn't decline, even though he never plays heads-up NL. We each brought $3K with us to the match. He played very aggressive, but was too loose on all streets and I was able to take advantage. A few coolers and 2 hours later, the match was already over and I won all the money. It feels great to book a nice win live. It also helps a lot to have a decent-sized live roll to bring to Vegas now.

4 comments:

Bazclef said...

Congrats on a great month!

How are you planning to work out while in Vegas? Are there pay-per-visit type gyms there? Been wondering a lot recently about the best way to fit exercise in across there.

LuckySOB said...

Awesome month, well done.

Unknown said...

Very nice month whitewash!

Michael Cohen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.