Monday, March 10, 2008

Fun happenings during spring break

I've had a pretty fun past few days, so I'll keep you guys updated on whats been happening.

I drove home on Friday, since spring break takes place now for University of Pittsburgh. To celebrate my 21st birthday, 5 of us went to Borgata in Atlantic City and partied. We went to two venues within Borgata: Gypsy Bar, and Mixx. Gypsy Bar is a really chill atmosphere that had good cover bands, lots of people standing around and socializing, and a little bit of dancing. Mixx, on the other hand, was a really loud and exhilirating club atmosphere. It was hard to socialize with people since it is so loud, but the environment was really fun for dancing and just enjoying the music. They had a DJ playing really awesome remixes of hit songs, along with a drummer whose energy was nothing like I had ever seen. Mixx is an ideal place to go with your friends and/or girlfriend and dance, while Gypsy Bar was a good place to relax and socialize. I had a lot of fun at both.



Yesterday and today, I hung out with Tim, known as IHaveAStrong9 on 2+2 and Full Tilt. He has extremely impressive results playing 5/10 and 10/20 NL heads-up on Full Tilt. We've been talking online for a few months after I saw he's from the same area as me (Philadelphia suburbs), thanks to 2+2. He stayed at my home, and we discussed lots of poker theory. It was extremely fun to discuss advanced poker with someone face-to-face. We then decided to play a live HU match, both playing our A-game. There were some really interesting spots, and I probably learned more from the match than I have from any previous live session. Hanging out with Tim was really cool, and I'm hoping we can find more successful players from the Philadelphia area to network with. I've done a good job of becoming friends with virtually all of the good poker players in Pittsburgh, but I know I'm leaving Pittsburgh once I complete college.

Tomorrrow I'm heading up to New York City with my dad, where we'll be visiting for the next two days. Should be pretty fun, as I haven't been there in about 3 years. If I stay in NYC too long, I end up getting burnt out from the crowded feeling... but being in Manhattan is a blast for a few days. I probably won't go clubbing with my dad, but should be fun nonetheless.

No comments: