Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Tweaking my HU game

I'm on a heater the past week, which feels great. A break-even month has turned into a really solid month suddenly. I'm playing well, and I've tweaked a few aspects of my HU game. I'm c-betting more. I checked behind on the flop way too much, and it wasn't working for me. I am also making more laydowns than I was incapable of during my recent break-even stretch.

I am still very enthusiastic about poker. When I win a big pot, I still often fist pump or say "yes!". While these things are certainly not vital to being a good player (and you could argue a winning player should be less emotional about results), I am happy that it illustrates how much I still enjoy playing poker. 2.5 years of playing poker seriously, with the typical rough patches that poker players go through, and I still love this game. Given the fact that I've gone through fads my whole life, this is definitely a good sign that I'm still alive-and-kicking with poker.

A little off-topic: Do you guys know anything about female online poker grinders? I'm just curious as to whether they're out there. I know Vanessa Selbst use to beat high stakes, but she doesn't play much anymore (as far as I know). Online poker is way way dominated by males, but it would definitely be cool to hear of women who are grinding 400NL or higher online.

3 comments:

Qua said...

Glad to hear things are panning out. The thing about poker is that you can never know enough, so the drive should still will always be there. Keep evolving your game, keep growing.

Noel said...

The chick from deuces cracked is a sick grinder. Fslexduck I believe is her 2p2 name.

whitewash said...

Fslexduck is Vanessa Selbst, Noel. :P