Tuesday, March 18, 2008

lol job and swongaments

I'm on a 35K hand break-even stretch now. I don't know if it is a coincidence, but this started literally the day that I broke up with Allison in late January.

As I've gone through this BE period, I'm starting to hate academics more than I ever have. I was never enthusiastic about college, but it's sharply declining. A large reason for that is because now that I'm struggling with poker lately, it's making me have to think about the possibility of going job hunting after college. I fucking refuse to do that. I am not going to go bust my balls in hopes of getting a $40,000 job. Right now, part of me wants to just drop out of school, get a cheap apartment in vegas, and grind out a living at live 5/10 NL. I'd rather grind depressing live poker than the former option.

EDIT: I am the swing master. At about 3 AM this morning, I was down $2800 for the day. I've regained it all, making this my new Biggest Swont day ever (the record previously held by a day I was down like $2100 on Absolute, then won $3K off one guy HU).



March results thus far
Hands: 16K
Actual winnings: +$2100
Equity adjusted: +$5900

1 comment:

LuckySOB said...

Keep your head up. The best players go through 50K+ BE periods or larger, and I'm no HU expert, but I believe it can be even larger for those of you that play a lot of HU. It doesn't happen often, but it does happen.

Example from my own experience would include $10K plus months over 4 of the last 5 and the 5th was a breakeven month over 44K hands. Dodgyken can attest to this also as he's been through 2 BE periods this large I believe in just the last 6 months.

It's not a common thing that you should expect or not be down about, but it is a thing that can happen. Don't give up, and with solid play and most importantly good BR managment you'll be out of this slump soon.

BTW, my 44K hand BE month could have produced a small profit with better play. So don't sit back and discount it all as variance, continue to work on your game daily.

Cheers