Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Keep ur head-up, son

I was having a good start to the month, but in a poor decision I decided to 2-table versus a good HU regular last night, and I lost 4 buy-ins to him. It's amazing how many times in the past few months I've allowed myself to just dump money to the 2/4 NL HU regulars.

My HU game isn't as flawless as I used to believe it is. I ran hot and won like 8 PTBB/100 over 50K hands, but I think my results are coming back down to earth now. I definitely want to work hard on my game though, I really enjoy HU and know I have lots of room for improvement.

By the way - I definitely need some lifestyle changes, particularly with working out. I get zero exercise at school, and it is definitely affecting every aspect of my life. I get a good 8-9 hours of sleep a night and I'm still tired all the time, I don't have good concentration during poker or classes, and I have a lot of tension built up that comes out (negatively) through my poker game. I think I'm actually gonna go for a run right now.

1 comment:

Noel said...

Check out Bingers article in the latest Bluff magazine online. Also I highly suggest avoiding your results for a long stretch, if we are confident in our skills then we know we are winners. Therefore we know we profit every time we sit wether it was a winning or losing session.