Saturday, March 29, 2008

Now offering HU coaching

Last night, I played my friend cntgetmedown in a late-night HU match. Luckily, it was only at 100NL. We 2-tabled for about 500 hands, and I lost 5.5 buy-ins. I overplayed a few hands, but it was mostly cooler situations. That's usually the case when someone loses so much money in a short period. Daniell plays pretty LAG, so he had a great image to get paid off with the many strong hands he had.

The NCAA tournament is occurring now, and it has reminded me how much I've fallen out of love with watching sports. Back in junior and senior year of high school, watching sports was my #1 hobby. I followed the NFL, NHL, and college basketball (in that order) really closely. Two factors have really diminished my enthusiasm: poker, and college. Poker (not limited to just playing) has replaced many of my previous hobbies, because it consumes a lot of my time and energy. Also, moving to Pittsburgh for college has made it difficult for me to closely follow the Philadelphia Eagles and Flyers as much as I used to. It's a bit depressing, but I have a feeling that I will have a reunion with my teams once I move back to the Philadelphia area after college.

One more thing - I am now offering heads-up coaching. HU is by far my strongest game now, and my results have been solid enough to justify coaching. Since coaching is a new thing for me, I am going to start off with a low rate ($80/hr) while I gain experience coaching. I can only take up to 2 students for now, since I also have to allot time to grinding and academics. If you are interested, contact me on AIM (ShadyBreakfast) or 2+2 (Whitewash). Here is a screenshot of my lifetime results at 2/4 NL heads-up, which started last fall:

No comments: